We are a dynamic consulting firm, focused on delivering change. We make sure our clients succeed in their long-term goals by helping them turn their strategy into action through exceptional delivery and a commitment to establishing a culture of change. Clients like what we do and how we work, and we are looking for people to join the Moorhouse team.
We pride ourselves in being proactive, collaborative and straightforward team players. We like to move fast as a team and both honesty and integrity are key to this. In return you will be part of a supportive and high-performing team that shares the workload, looks after each other and celebrates success together. You can be assured of an exciting opportunity that will stretch you and equip you with skills, experience and knowledge that can help organisations respond to the turbulence, change and opportunity that will define the future of work. We don’t do politics, egos or personal agendas – it consumes too much time and distracts us from being successful together.
What are we looking for?
Potential is what excites us, so we are keen to hear from people who want to harness their experience within an organisation that will invest in their professional development from day one. This isn’t just about skills for the job, but skills for life – mindset, adaptability, resilience and leadership to name just a few. You will be a key member of the Government and Public Sector (GPS), and Sourcing and Procurement leadership teams, and involved in shaping how we run the business; so, the ability to lead others, shape and influence our continued growth and success as a sector team, and lead sales and business development is key.
At Moorhouse, we help GPS clients to deliver complex customer, digital & people transformation, optimise operations and build enhanced client capability. Our GPS sector work closely with our four Service Lines, Strategy & Customer, People & Change, Digital & Technology and Delivery & Performance, to provide a full transformation offering to our clients.
Our expertise and experience has secured us places on a large number of public sector consultancy frameworks; and over the last five years we have been involved in some of the most significant transformation programmes across government.
To support our continued growth and success we are looking for the very best consultants, with a proven track record and who want the opportunity to further accelerate their GPS consulting career, with a focus on sourcing and procurement. It’s essential that you have a passion for helping grow our business, delivering high value consulting services and developing high performing teams.
In particular, we are seeking experienced consultants with a track record in the following:
We also welcome candidates with experience in:
It is essential that you are able to contribute to sales and business development, as well as leading consultant / client delivery teams on key engagements and accounts. In addition, we will expect you to motivate, support and develop junior members of the Moorhouse team and play an active role in supporting the career development of a small group of colleagues. This is an opportunity for the individual to take a lead building our sourcing and procurement capability through leveraging partners, existing experience and hiring new people.
The successful candidate must be able to evidence:
- • 8 + years professional experience, with at least 5 years proven consulting experience in a recognised large/medium size consulting business in the UK;
- • Consulting experience in the public sector;
- • A strong track record of scoping and delivering consulting solutions and services; with a strong sales track record and a demonstrable network of relevant relationships;
- • An ability to shape and implement complex business change and transformational programmes, including in supply chain, sourcing and procurement;
- • A passion for building and nurturing strong relationships, both with clients and colleagues; and
- • Experience of effectively managing and collaborating with senior client stakeholders.
Required skills and expertise:
You will have specialist sector experience in one or more of the following areas:
- • Development of media sector accounts;
- • Strategic transformation (core functions, operating model and cost base);
- • Change management and cultural transformation;
- • Digital transformation (defining and delivering the digital strategy, deploying RPA/AI solutions and implementing new technology platforms/applications).
What we can offer you:
- • A total cash package of £128,500 comprising of a base salary of £100,000 and a combination of personal and company bonuses that are paid every six months
- • 25 days annual leave increasing by one day for every full year of service to a maximum of 30 days with the option to buy or sell up to five days of annual leave per year
- • Life Assurance, Private Medical Insurance, Group Personal Pension Scheme and a range of discounted lifestyle and well-being benefits through Perkbox
- • A culture where you will not need to compete with others because of promotion quotas or the typical distribution curves that govern performance management in other organisations. We recognise and reward performance consistently and transparently across the firm so that everyone knows where they stand.
Our offices are based near Holborn Circus (close to Blackfriars and Chancery Lane) although you can expect to spend much of your time with your client teams.
We are committed to embracing diversity and fostering an inclusive environment – one where colleagues feel comfortable and can bring their whole selves to work. It is only in doing so that we can deliver on our purpose to ‘develop Extraordinary Leaders’.
We recognise the importance of reflecting both our clients and the society in which we live and work and are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We welcome and encourage applications from all people regardless of any diversity characteristic.