Moorhouse is a dynamic consulting firm, focused on unlocking the potential of our people and our clients to amplify the value of change. Clients like what we do but most importantly how we work. We are looking for motivated people to join the rapidly growing Moorhouse team, to join our Delivery Excellence Service line and deliver on large, complex transformational consulting engagements.
We pride ourselves in being proactive, collaborative, and straightforward team players. We like to move fast as a team and both honesty and integrity are key to this. In return you will be part of a supportive and high-performing team that shares the workload, looks after each other and celebrates success together. You can be assured of an exciting opportunity that will stretch you and equip you with skills, experience and knowledge that can help organisations respond to the turbulence, change and opportunity that will define the future of work. We don’t do politics, egos, or personal agendas – it consumes too much time and distracts us from being successful together.
The Delivery Excellence Service Line helps clients define and deliver complex change, as well as build change capability for sustainable performance improvement. Services offered through our Delivery Excellence Service Line include Programme & Project Leadership, Portfolio Design & Governance and Programme Assurance.
What are we looking for?
Potential is what excites us so we are keen to hear from people who want to harness their experience within an organisation that will invest in their professional development from day one. This isn’t just about skills for the job but skills for life – mindset, adaptability, resilience and leadership to name just a few. You will be leading and shaping how we run our business, and in doing so will have experiences that will undoubtedly contribute to your accelerated growth and development.
We are seeking talented individuals with a proven track record of delivering complex transformational change programmes to join our Delivery Excellence service line. We are looking for individuals with a passion for working collaboratively with clients in blended transformation teams with deep portfolio and programme management expertise. You will also join our thriving service line team with an opportunity to further develop your skills and contribute to building our capability to support further growth of our offer to market.
You will have a broad selection of the following:
- Robust understanding and application of project management principles
- Experience in the development and ongoing maintenance of high level and detailed project plans. MSP skills preferred
- Practical experience and knowledge of using digital PMO and data visualisation tools, to support automation of core processes and to improve tracking of performance metrics
- Experience of having effectively managed dependencies in major projects and programmes
- An understanding of how to set up, roll out and ensure adherence to project change control processes
- Experience in driving the implementation of best practice in risk policies and governance frameworks and upskilling the clients on this space
- An understanding of Lean principles and Lean Portfolio Management
- An understanding of scaled Agile frameworks including SAFe, LeSS, Nexus, Scrum@Scale and its applications
- Experience of deploying business change techniques resulting in sustainable changes to behaviours
- Excellent communication, stakeholder management, problem solving and analytical skills
- Track record of developing and maintaining effective working relationships with senior management and key personnel
- A desire to develop Moorhouse internal Project Management capability as well as working for our clients
- Qualifications in Prince2, MSP, MoP, PMP, and Agile methods
- Team leader experience
- (Agile) Project & Programme Management
- High emotional intelligence and mature soft skills
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ambition and entrepreneurial spirit!
- 4 - 6 years’ consulting experience, whether this is from a big consulting firm, boutique consultancy or experience gained in delivering transformational change in industry.
- A strong track record of scoping and delivering consulting solutions and services.
- An ability to shape and implement complex business change and transformational programmes preferably across a wide range of technical areas and expertise.
- Exposure to Agile delivery approach.
- A passion for building and nurturing strong relationships, both with clients and colleagues.
- Experience of effectively managing and collaborating with senior client stakeholders
What we can offer you:
✔ A potential total cash package of £80,000 comprising of a base salary of £61,500 and a combination of personal and company bonuses that are paid every six months.
✔ 25 days annual leave increasing by one day for every full year of service to a maximum of 30 days with the option to buy or sell up to five days of annual leave per year
✔ Life Assurance, Private Medical Insurance, Group Personal Pension Scheme and a range of discounted lifestyle and well-being benefits through Perkbox
✔ A culture where you will not need to compete with others because of promotion quotas or the typical distribution curves that govern performance management in other organisations. We recognise and reward performance consistently and transparently across the firm so that everyone knows where they stand.
Our offices are currently based near Holborn Circus (close to Blackfriars and Chancery Lane) although you can expect to spend much of your time with your client teams. We will be moving our office to Liverpool Street area in Spring 2022.
Moorhouse is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and our values underpin a working environment that is inclusive for all those who work for us. We encourage people to bring their whole selves to work, contribute ideas, take the initiative and be responsible for their impact on others internally and externally.