What was the challenge?
Part of Sky Group, NOW TV is a pick and mix TV streaming service that lets customers choose from a range of passes contract free, including Sky Sports, Movies and Entertainment content.
Sky engaged Moorhouse to support in delivering a major new proposition to market. Called ‘NOW TV Boost’ the proposition is an upgrade to existing content passes giving customers full 1080p HD, 50fps for Sports, Dolby 5.1 Surround Sound and the ability to stream on up to 3 devices at once.
This 2 year, multimillion pound investment was highly complex, requiring a fundamental re-engineering of Sky’s content supply chain to stream live content and video on demand in HD. In addition the change touched almost every technology and business team in NOW TV and many shared Sky functions. Layered on top of this a set of Go To Market activies to support launch.
How did we help?
Moorhouse provided Project Management in the delivery of the NOW TV Boost proposition. This included
- Overall resposnbility for delivery of the Boost Programme
- Stakeholder management up to NOW TV MD level
- Oversight and management of all technical and business change, including:
- Content Supply Chain (Live Streaming and Video on Demand)
- Client Apps
- Sales & Service
- Staff and Customer Trials
- Customer Operations
- Go To Market (Customer Marketing, eCommerce, PR, Social)
- Delivery of all NOW TV project management deliverables (governance/status reporting, plans, RAID, change requests)
What was the impact?
NOW TV was launched successfully on 21st November 2019.
Early indications are the proposition has met expectations in term of revenue benefits, with sales of c3000 passes a day in line with forecast.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org