What was the challenge?
The Royal British Legion has a long history of supporting the Armed Forces community and is at the heart of the Armed Forces charity sector. As the charity approaches its centenary, they wanted refresh their strategy and ways of working, to ensure there is a clear purpose that everyone aligns to and an operating model that sets their people up to deliver services in a way that best meets the needs of their customers, including members, beneficiaries, donors and volunteers.
How did we help?
Moorhouse worked collaboratively with TRBL to define a new strategy, future operating model and a roadmap of change. Specifically Moorhouse:
- Established the current state operating model design, pain point and root cause analysis through workshops, 1:1 interviews and regional site visits
- Led strategy design workshops with the Executive Board and Board of Trustees
- Led collaborative workshops with the Executive Board to stimulate thinking around design principles and future operating model design
- Defined a transformational roadmap with prioritised initiatives comprising of quick wins and longer term projects to deliver the new strategy and operating model
- Advised on the mobilisation of a Transformation Office to lead the change, including governance, capabilities and capacity requirements
What was the impact?
Moorhouse and TRBL worked as a blended team throughout the project, making collaborative design decisions on a strategy and operating model which will ensure the Legion can work with their wider network to collaboratively delivery the right welfare services, in the right way:
- New strategy which was approved and adopted by Board of Trustees
- A clearly defined future operating model
- A transformational roadmap to achieve change and achieve the new strategy
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org